A11ies.info (“Us,” “We,” “A11ies,” or the “Company”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you when you visit the website https://a11ies.info (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, utilizing, and protecting that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on the Website;
- in any communication between you and the Website;
- through any subsequent service offered by the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13, without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information of a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, username, and other identifiers by which may be contacted online (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as analytics data about your internet connection; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; automatically as you navigate through the Website; and/or
- from third parties, for example, Google authentication and website referral data.
Information you provide us
You may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to the Website, and/or
- information about your computer and internet connection.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with notices about your account;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or services we provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website; and/or for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
If we believe discloser is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safter of A11ies, our users, or others we may disclose personal information. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
User Choices About How We Disclose Your Information
Under privacy settings users have the ability to decide if the transcripts they contribute are searchable or unlisted. If a post is searchable it can be viewed by any other A11ies user. If a post is unlisted it will not appear broadly on the Website. However, it may still be viewed by other a11ies users if they have the unique URL associated with the transcript.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.